Classic Blackjack is played with a standard 52-card deck. In most varieties of blackjack, the rules allow playing with 2 to 8 decks of cards, with no joker.
Check also our Classic Blackjack Simulator. You can play it right here for free, no deposit required.
If we consider blackjack in the format of online casinos, then there are options for several hands. The number of decks in the game directly affects the percentage of casino revenue, which is equal to the following indicators:
|Decks Count||Casino’s House Edge|
Top Sites to Play Online Blackjack for Real Money in USA
|Rank||Logo||Name||Bonus Offer||USA Friendly||Claim|
|Roaring21||$10,000 +100 Free Spins||
|2||CasinoMax||$10,000 +100 Free Spins||
|3||Las Vegas USA Casino||$3,000 Welcome Pack||
|4||Vegas Casino Online||$3,000 Welcome Pack||
|5||Cherry Jackpot||$3,000 Welcome Pack||
Scoring in Blackjack
It’s easy to score the cards received by hand: face values from 2 to 9 are equal to the face digit, J (Jack), Q (Queen), K (King) and 10 are scored like 10 points, and Ace has a double value — 1 or 11 points *.
* The double value of Aces is explained by the concept of the hard and soft hand:
- Hard Hand: here the sum has a unitary value. For example, a combination of 5-7 with an exceptional value of 12 points. Similarly, hands are summed up with three or four cards, and even with an Ace that it can be hard if it is scored as one point. For example, in a combination of 3-5-7 and an Ace, an Ace has a value of 1, because any other value is a bust and, as a result, a loss.
- Soft Hand: the difference of this hand is that the sum can have more than one value. For example, in the combination of 4, 5 and Ace, the Ace may be scored both 1 and 11.
Classic Blackjack Rules
Before the start of the game, the players make bets, after which the dealer proceeds to deal the cards. Depending on the type of blackjack, the rules allow two or one cards to be opened. After the deal, the player must choose the most suitable course based on the initial results. The dealer takes the cards last, but he must take another card if he has less than 17 points, and must stop if the sum of points is 17 or above.
Remember that getting Blackjack is not a priority in the game, to win, you need to collect a hand that is superior to the dealer’s, and also stop in time so as not to bust.
- Table rules
- Dealer's hand
- Player's hand
- Chip Rack
- Betting Area
In the case of a game in a land-based casino, it is important to remember, the rules prohibit touching the cards, and it is better to limit communication with the dealer with gestures. In addition to the main options in the game, additional actions are also available for the player:
By increasing his initial bet by 100%, the participant agrees that the next card is the last in the round:
- This option is not available in some blackjack variants;
- The doubling amount is not always fixed and varies depending on the type of the game and the software vendor.
A player can get access to this option if the first two cards dealt are the same. In this case, the player can split the hand into two independent and continue the game as usual. Choosing this action, you need to take into account some features:
- When splitting, both hands get a card to form the initial combination;
- A further game on both hands occurs separately with the same probability of winning or losing;
- Some casinos impose restrictions on the rules of splitting cards with the same numerical value if they do not match the face value. So, for example, the combination of J and J is suitable for this action, while you cannot split J and K;
- A split hand with a combination of 21 does not count as a blackjack;
- As an additional option, some variations of blackjack allow repeated splits for the same fee of 100%, but in this case, doubling is prohibited.
The player can surrender and save part of the bet if the rules of the institution allow. If this action is available, the participant loses only half of the bet. After the player has passed the game, the subsequent results of the dealer's actions do not affect the overall outcome. Considering the surrender in more detail, it is necessary to distinguish two types:
- Late surrender: not available in most varieties of the game if the dealer has blackjack from the starting hand. In other cases, the system suggests checking for this combination, if there are 10 or Ace on the hand;
- Early surrender: this option can be called the complete opposite of the first since the player is given the option of surrender before the dealer checks his hand for blackjack.
The insurance option allows you to make sure that the dealer does not have blackjack, but this requires an additional bet. Such actions become justified when the first card of the opponent has a high-value, for example, 10 or Ace.
- Some blackjack rules offer an insurance bet even when the player has the maximum combination;
- Payments on this option are 2 to 1, so even in case of losing the main bet, the insurance compensates for it.