Before we begin to learn the basic rules of blackjack, you need to familiarize yourself with the terms that any player will encounter, let's proceed:
- Blackjack, Natural Blackjack — it is a hand with an Ace (А) and any other card valued 10.
- Deck — the traditional blackjack card deck, consists of 52 cards and is in the card box (Shoe).
- Shoe — a special device in the form of a shoe that holds a playing deck or several decks (up to 8).
- Cut Card — a special plastic card, having the same color, which is needed to designate a place in a shoe when the entire shoe with cards is to be changed.
- Cut — division of the deck in the shoe using the Cut Card.
- Hand — cards that are dealt to the player.
- Hard Hand — is a player’s hand with no Ace (A), or it is scored as 1 point.
- Soft Hand — respectively, this is a player’s hand with an Ace (A) and it is considered as 11 points.
- Hit — take another card to your hand.
- Stand — refuse to take another card, end the round and pass the move to the dealer.
- Bust — a lost hand, in which the sum of points turned out to be more than 21.
- Double Down — doubling the original bet, in exchange for another, the last card from the dealer.
- Split — splitting hands into two separate, independent, if there are Pairs.
- Resplit — it is when you are splitting cards once again after the split.
- Draw, Tie — a situation in which the sum of the player’s points is equal to the number of the dealer’s points, the player gets back the bet.
- Pair — two starting cards of the same value, for example, two Kings.
- Shuffle — the process of mixing cards.
- Counter, Card Counter — a blackjack player who counts cards to get an edge over a casino.
- Card Counting — the process of memorizing out-of-game cards to gain an advantage over the casino.
- Anchorman, Third Baseman — the player who is the first to the right of the dealer.
- Burn Cards — some top cards from the deck that are removed after shuffling the cards and therefore do not participate in the game.
- Chips — imitate currency in the casino, replace cash.
- Discard Tray — box to collect played cards.
- Double Exposure — a variation of blackjack, in which the dealer opens both first cards to players.
- Even Money — win at a ratio of 1: 1 (if you bet 5 and win, you get 5 (your bet) + 5, total 10).
- Push — the player gets back the initial bet, he loses nothing.
- Face Card, Paint — Jack, Queen or King.
- Face Down Game — is a variation of blackjack in which the first card is dealt face up and the second face down.
- Face Up Game — a type of game in which all cards are dealt face up.
- First Baseman — player to the left of the dealer.
- Five Card Charlie, 5 Card 21 — is a hand of 5 cards and no bust.
- Dealer — a representative from the casino, who plays the game on behalf of the casino.
- Head to Head — is a game in which only one player and the dealer compete.
- Hole Card — dealer card that is face down.
- Up Card — the first dealer card, which is face up.
- Insurance — player's additional bet if the dealer has an open Ace card (A) when winning, the player can receive up to 50% of the initial bet.
- Surrender — the player’s refusal to continue the round and refund of 50% of the bet amount.
- Late Surrender — refusal to play the game after the dealer checked his hand for blackjack and made it clear that he does not have it.
- Early Surrender — refusal to continue the game before the dealer checks for blackjack, the player is returned 50% of the bet.
- Multiple Deck — a game with two or more decks.
- No Double After Split — is a special rule that prohibits a player from doubling the bet after Split.
- Pat Hand — is a combination of cards that have from 17 to 21 points.
- Perfect Pairs — a special bet made on the starting two cards being a pair.
- Point Count — the process of counting and comparing points after a round is completed.
- Single Deck Blackjack — a variation of blackjack in which the game is played with one 52-cards deck.
- Six Deck Blackjack — a variation of blackjack, which is played with 6 decks of cards.
- Eight Deck Blackjack — a variation of blackjack, which is played with 8 decks of cards.
- Soft Double — Doubling Soft Hand bet.
- Stiff Card — dealer's open card of 2 to 6 points.
- Stiff Hand — when the sum of points of the hand is from 4 to 16.
- Ten-Value Card — any card worth 10 points.
- Unit — total bets.
This is a basic glossary that we recommend you definitely study. You just need it to feel confident at the gaming table.
Variationen des Blackjack
Double Exposure BlackjackOnline-Simulator